Sunday, September 2, 2007

Huskers Win, Norte Dame and Michigan Lose, What a Day!

Looks like another exciting season of college football is on the way. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy some of it before it is over. I have a bit of the regional coverage blues. I didn't get to see the Nebraska game this weekend. At least the USC game will be a national game and Wake Forest will be on ESPN I think. Speaking of ESPN, and ABC, I was disappointed at their coverage on Saturday. I could not believe how often the announcers and the producers messed up. I think the announcer called Wisconsin's AD 'Larry' Alvarez at one point, and I can't tell you how many times during the highlights, the wrong footage was shown. Then the halftime show on ABC, man is that torture or what? So yeah, moving on now...

The first week of school is over. I learned quite a bit, it is a whole new mindset for me in many ways. I spent many late nights getting ready for my classes because you never know when the professor will call on you to describe any aspect of the cases we are studying in the classes. I really like my professors so far, they are really neat. Feel free to take a look at their credentials: Terry, Groome, Farrior and Chong. The cases we have read for each of our classes have been pretty interesting, you could hardly make some of this stuff up -3 yr old on a tricycle running into old ladies, a 5 yr old pulling out (and putting back, but not in time) chairs from old ladies, perverts being threatened by whole families, groups of men tying up others and threatening castration and death, frat boys stealing bubble gum, friends suing over a car crash, dogs getting shot in front of their owners by federal officers, frustrated doctors thrusting nurses' faces into a surgical opening during a gall bladder operation, lady slipping on a piece of apple strudel, buffet owners stealing plates out of others' hands... and then the hypothetical situations that the professors, and sometimes students, make up from studying these cases (now what about this, or if that had happened, etc), it definitely keeps me awake. The professors themselves are entertaining as well in their different ways as well. I would go into detail here but it would be just my luck that the wrong person would find my page. I don't really know how I could describe my first week of law school in a way that would make sense, especially since I can't write that well anyways, but I must say I am not scared of it, it is all very interesting to me and I think I will have no trouble doing the work, it is just a lot of it. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will know more about the whole process, but for now it is just keeping all my thoughts organized and my books read. Each class gave us about a 5 minute introduction and then it was straight into the material. I have been using my laptop for notes and have the OneNote program from Office 2007. The program is pretty good for organizing all of the notes and cases, I can link back and forth and even drag things into my notes from the materials (including power point presentations) the professors make available to us.

So yeah, that is enough rambling for now, maybe I'll actually put my thoughts into a better format next time so that by the time you get done reading it, your eyes won't hurt as bad.

I may go to the Penn State - Notre Dame game next week, I haven't made up my mind yet. College Station is about 1.5 hours from us and I am sure it is a madhouse on game day, so I will have to weigh the options and see where I am with my work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Huskers. It's always good to see the Huskers win on TV. Sorry you couldn't get coverage. It was fun to see them put it altogether. Was talking about the kicker. Guess he is new. He had a great kicking game. We'll see what they can do next week. Mom