Tuesday, September 11, 2007

happy valley

Just a quick post about the game. It was fun; quite the experience. Our tickets were supposed to be in the senior section, but we ended up in the freshman section right behind the band. The white out was quite impressive, and then all the students had a white pom-pom thingy to wave, so that was a site to see, all waving in unison. I saw many great t-shirts and heard many ribald chants. Some of the better t-shirts were: "Roll up your pantlegs, your in JoePa's house now", "I don't give a Notre Damn...", "Notre Lame, consistently losing bowl games since 1995", "Ann Arbor is a whore" (not ND related, but still quite, um, creative) and many more. My friend and I hit the tailgating before and after the game and then hung out a while to wait for the traffic to die down, but it still took us over an hour to go 10 miles once we got out of town a bit. College Station is in the middle of nowhere, so there is no interstate that goes through, and the highways that do go through are only 4 lanes for a few miles before and after College Station, so once you get out of town, all the traffic has to merge into two lanes for a ways until you get down the mountain and closer to Harrisburg. We didn't get home until 3 am, so I'm glad I all of my reading done before I went because I was pretty out of it most of Sunday.

No comments: