Friday, August 10, 2007

Of goalies and cucumbers...

This will probably only make sense to my immediate family, but I must share it just the same. It looks like we may have another 'Picky' in the family, Elijah has been pickin' at his 'goalie' for a couple of weeks now.
This week it has been hot and humid and we have got a couple of big rainstorms as well. I have finally found a safe route to the temp. law building, it is about 6 miles on the back roads. I have road it (on bike) 3 times now to get used to riding again, it is actually a nice little ride, I think I will actually look forward to it many mornings. About midway is a family that we met at church. Jim runs an auto shop at his 'farm' and told me to stop by anytime. I stopped by on the way back home this morning, he was away at the Poconos, but I did get to meet his older sister that runs the office for him. We talked for quite awhile, she was very nice, I even came away with a few free freshly picked cucumbers, I'll have to get my mom's creamed cucumbers recipe.

Well, so long for now, next week is our last real week together, so hopefully we'll get out and do some fun things, visit some more state parks, etc.

If Matt or David are reading this - Happy Birthday guys!

4 comments:

The 801 in the Far East said...

Mmmmmmm creamed cucumbers...

We went to Browne last weekend and creamed cucumbers were on the menu...without the fish (water was down, lots of moss)! Also, Grandma M bailed us out with the RV...Browne is having black bear problems and sleeping in tents is not permitted!

You'll have to come up with a nickname for Elijah for the newly formed habit...PickJunior...LittlePick...PickDuex (too Frenchy?)...

Has he pulled "No, I was picking my eye" yet?

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so fun! I want you to be careful on that bike ride! I took a spill on my bike when Cecilia and I were in Pioneer Park in Lincoln. The trail was in bad shape, I was going uphill and tried to avoid the bad spot. Oops! I went down. I had a nicely buised leg and felt like quite a jock since I was bleeding from my knee and foot. Gramps bought a jet ski. It's a hoot! That reservoir is coming in handy!

Jason said...

I have finally seen the pictures of the jet ski. I love it! I first found out about it from Theresa of all people - my own immediate family hadn't even told me yet! When I first heard about it, I pictured grandpa almost exactly as he showed up in the picture.

Q said...

Might I interject my suggestions of nicknames. You could call him 'gold digger' 'diggie'or 'archeologist'.

A little nose picking never hurt anyone. As a matter of fact, I sometimes have to scratch my brain that way.