Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm A Big Baby

Somehow I have made it through four days now without my family around. I was even able to do a couple of loads of laundry! Crazy! You never know how great you have it until your wife and kids head across the nation for a few weeks.
I had fun in DC on Friday night at the Nationals game. Ronnie Belliard hit 2 home runs and a double, which was a total surprise to me. Last time I saw him play - on assignment in Double A, probably recovering from injury - he totally dogged it, coming in late for the Harrisburg Senators, barely swinging the bat at the pitches he struck out to, and making a few errors in the field. He started at third for the Nationals, then moved over later to first, a position I totally had him pegged for weeks ago - a position more suitable to the effort I had seen before.
To help fill up the time, there are 6 softball games this week for our church, although, I will probably only make four of them. Tonight we had a double header. I finally got a couple of hits, and I made some plays at second on D. I had been so out of rhythm since getting back from Phoenix. Before taking two weeks off from softball, I was finally hitting everything, getting on all the time, but since then, I don't think I hit it out of the infield until tonight. Hopefully I still have some hits in me for the game tomorrow and on Thursday.
Finally, I'll leave you with one last story. Tonight, I had a chance to sit down and watch some of the home run hitting contest on ESPN, and saw Josh Hamilton hit 28 home runs in the first round - a new record. He was totally locked in and crushing the ball. It was fun to watch, and such a great story, especially with his high school and American Legion coach there pitching for him.

No comments: