Monday, July 30, 2007

Catch up

Ok, so I'm not in Colorado anymore, so that means, among others, that I am at a far lower altitude and am pursuing a law degree at Penn State Dickinson School of Law.

I will go ahead and start out by saying thanks to all of you for all of your encouragement in this whole process, I was very encouraged by everybody's positive words for me, it was truly appreciated.

The trip out was quite an adventure! The moving truck barely made it over Wolf Creek Pass, it vapor locked and we had to let it sit for awhile and after that it crawled over the top. Later in the middle of Iowa I had a flat tire, so I spent a couple of hours waiting for the service truck to come while Nicole and the kids headed on the Chicago. Luckily, there was a town nearby that was having a celebration for its 150 anniversary, so there were a couple of bands and activities to kill the time. Overall though, the trip was great. We spent some time in Denver with friends and then the next day met my Grandma Madeline in Fort Morgan for lunch, she drove down from Greeley. That same day we made it to Sutton, NE for dinner at my Grandpa & Grandma Leininger's. While there Jackie got a chance to ride on the combine.




We were able to spend a couple of nights in Sutton and spend time with all of my family there. We then headed for Chicago to stay with Chris and Patty Vlachos for two nights. We spent the 4th of July seeing the sights in Chicago, it was awesome. After Chicago, we made it to Pittsburgh, stayed a night there and then headed to what we now call home, Carlisle, PA.





Since we have been here we have done a bit of painting and a bunch of cleaning in our new home. We are enjoying our home now that we have most of it arranged. There is a big open basement with a bunch of storage. We have set up half of it as a play area for the kids. All of their toys, movies, games, etc. are down there. We found a big ol' comfy couch for them to put down there. On the first floor there is a small kitchen, a dining room and a family room. The picture above is from the family room, the kids are watching a movie on the TV while sitting/laying on their beanbags(Nicole doesn't want them on our new couch :) ). On the 2nd floor is 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. The smallest bedroom we are using for my office. The decoration is just about the same as was my old work office, but on a smaller scale.

11 comments:

Q said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well back in good old PA. Does this mean that you plan on cheering for the phillies now?

Jason said...

no, no, still the cubs, although it has been suggested that I could start all over out here, pick new teams that might win... but now that the cubs are hot.......

Unknown said...

Where's the pics of the Vlachos'?

Anonymous said...

I didn't see your beanbag, does Nicole let you set on the couch?

Jason said...

ya, fortunately Nicole lets me on the couch. Although I must add that she is not happy enough with the couch, I went ahead and bought her a chaise as well, to be here in a couple of weeks. Hopefully then she will be so happy she won't mind if I put my feet on the couch.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog site better then Nicoles because you put more pictures of You guys and what your doing.....but dont tell Nicole :) Im going to see you soon in November!!!

Nicole said...

You are such a meanie! I wanted a chaise from the very beggining. I guess you better be getting use to that couch!

Jason said...

does this mean I can put my feet on the couch? I just want to get that all cleared up here on the blog since you probably won't be talking to me again. Thanks

Q said...

You might want to consider switching teams now that Soriano is out for a month; and with the way the NL Central is playing out.

Jason said...

q- the cubs won't need Soriano if the Brewers keep losing too.

Q said...

I think it would be awesome for the cubs to FINALLY win a world series. I generally agree with you that the cubs do not necessarily need soriano; especially if the brewers keep losing. What I am afraid of though is that both teams will somehow play there way back to the rest of the division (st. louis only 4 back of the cubs at this point). It surely is exciting to see such a close division race too.